Does the world need yet another Photo Viewer application?
I doubt it. But I needed something which would help with my photographic work-flow, so I wrote my own.
With three keen SLR camera users in our house, I noticed that at least two of us were following a similar process. Once we had transferred our photos to our Linux powered laptops, we would:-
- Review each photo in turn
- Delete the "no-hope" pictures
- Rename any we wanted to keep that did not require edits
- Launch GIMP for those that did require edits
- Show our best efforts to long suffering friends & relatives
- Review camera settings when asked "How did you do that?"
So I set about making a new Photo Viewer application using my language of choice: Gambas
PhotoViewer running on Lubuntu